Welcome Transfer Students!
This page is for students who are transferring to Rutgers University-Camden.
The EOF Program is a NJ State Program that provides support services to individuals who identify as first generation college students, demonstrate financial need, and who seek guidance and support at Rutgers University-Camden. Through one on one counseling, workshops, and programs, we work together with students to help them identify and reach their academic, career, and personal goals to help create a successful and rewarding college experience.
What to know before applying
- Newly admitted transfer scholars to Rutgers-Camden should not complete the EOF application in the admissions portal, this is for first-year admissions ONLY.
- All potential applicants must submit an internal application to be considered, we do not accept transfer forms in place of the application. You can attach your transfer form, if you have one, to the application for informational purposes.
- Your FAFSA for the 2023-2024 academic year needs to be completed prior to your application.
- You must meet the 2023-2024 EOF income guidelines.
- All applicants go through a financial verification process to determine eligibility for the program regardless if you have had EOF before. This process requires you to submit 1-2 years’ worth of financial documents to the Office of Financial Aid. This process is consuming and can require that you obtain multiple documents from government offices. Please watch the video below that explains this process in detail to determine if you are willing and able to complete the required steps.
- If admitted, you will be required to meet with an EOF Counselor regularly, and participate in various programs and meetings. We offer both in-person and virtual services to students.
Find out more answers to common questions about the EOF transfer application process and our program at Rutgers-Camden.
What are the EOF student requirements?
EOF is a comprehensive support services program, all students are required to meet with their EOF Counselor regularly and participate in programming.
If I’m an off-campus student, do I have to come to the Camden campus?
No. While we will not require you to come on campus, you will be expected to meet with your EOF Counselor virtually and participate in available virtual workshops or programs that are live, or watch recordings and provide documentation.
Does everyone need to turn in a tax return transcript?
Yes, everyone, whether you’ve previously received EOF or not, is required to turn in a tax return transcript as part of the EOF verification process for Rutgers-Camden.
How long will it take to receive a tax return transcript after requesting it via mail?
It can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to get your tax return transcript. As such, is important you request this ASAP.
If I received EOF from a community college, do I still have to do the Rutgers EOF verification process?
Yes, EOF does not automatically transfer from one institution to another.
What documents do I need to be financially verified for EOF?
You will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid soon after you are opened for verification outlining the documents you must turn in. You can also check your myrutgersportal to find out what you need to submit. This link provides information on how to access your required financial documents in the portal
Should I bring in all my documents at once or can I bring in each document as I receive them?
You can turn them in as you receive them, you do not need to wait until you have all your documents gathered.
Is the HESAA verification process different from the Financial Aid Verification Process?
Yes, the HESAA verification process is different and must be completed in addition to the Rutgers verification process.
How much will my EOF grant be?
The EOF grant is either $700 or $825 per semester and will be determined by the Office of Financial Aid during the verification process, depending on your residency and your specific information.
What email will the Office of Financial Aid send information to regarding documents I owe for the EOF verification?
The Office of Financial Aid will only email your Rutgers account.
What happens if I miss the deadline for turning in documents for the EOF Verification process?
If you miss the deadline you will no longer be considered for the EOF Program. HOWEVER, please be aware that even if you are removed from EOF consideration, you will still need to turn in the requested documents in order to be eligible to receive the rest of your financial aid for the fall semester.
When will I know that I have completed the verification process and am officially an EOF student at Rutgers-Camden?
The EOF Office will contact you once we receive confirmation from the Office of Financial Aid that you have completed and submitted all the documents you owed. You will then be assigned an EOF Counselor.