EOF Program Financial Aid Verification
In order to confirm your spot in the EOF program, you must be considered financially eligible. This process may require you to submit financial documents to HESAA/NJFAMS and the Office of Financial Aid to confirm your eligibility. It is important that you are checking your email and communicating with both the EOF and Financial Aid offices consistently throughout this process. Please read below for more helpful information.
Please complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA application. You must include Rutgers as one of your recipient schools. Rutgers school code is: 002629.
It is imperative that your FAFSA is completed and submitted ASAP to determine your eligibility for EOF and other forms of financial aid. Click below to apply or learn more information about the new FAFSA process.
Create a HESAA account
Create a HESAA/NJFAMS User ID and Password to manage your state grant aid. You can find your “To Do List” and “Award and Eligibility” information as well as other functions to assist you with your state aid process.
Check your FA Portal
After the verification process has begun, you will be able to view the required documents you must submit to the Office of Financial Aid through your myrutgers.edu portal
Check your EMAIL!
You will receive regular communication from both the Office of Financial Aid and the EOF Office about any required financial documents you may need to submit. Please make sure you are checking the email you put on your application frequently.
Frequently Requested, Non-Rutgers Documents
Tax Return Transcripts
- You will be required to submit a copy of your 2022 tax return transcript if you and/or your parents filed taxes in 2022. It is important to note that a 1040 is not the same as a tax return transcript, you must order transcripts from the IRS.
- If you and/or your parents did not file taxes, please complete the Form 4506-T for 2022 and check box 7 to request a verification of non-filing. Mail or fax to the address listed on page two of the form.
- This video walks you through how to request these tax documents from the IRS: Request IRS Transcripts,
- Note: It is very important that you request your tax return transcripts or non-filer statements ASAP as it can take up to six-weeks to receive if you must request by mail
If you and/or your family received any of the benefits listed below, you should request copies of benefit statements for the year 2022 as you may be required to submit them to Financial Aid:
- Statement from The Division of Welfare for the entire year of 2022, listing benefits from Temporary Assistance Needy Families (TANF).
- Statement from Social Security Benefits Administration, SSA-1099 Form (s) for the year 2022 for all family members who received benefits. A list of local Social Security Offices in NJ are listed HERE
- Statement from Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the year 2022
- If you are required to submit a verification worksheet, you must click the box to manually input household information. This information will not automatically pull from the FAFSA.
- Some documents require your parents signature. In order for parents to sign documents in the financial aid portal, students will have to set their parents financial aid permission to custodial. Setting the permission to custodial allows the parent to make edits and submit documentation if needed. Directions can be found here.
- Communicate! Both the Financial Aid and EOF offices are here to help you throughout this process. There will be opportunities to meet with us to get support in completing documents. You can also reach out via email to Mr. Matt West, EOF Assistant Director or the Financial Aid Office.