EOF Program Financial Aid Verification
In order to confirm your spot in the EOF program, you must be considered financially eligible PRIOR to the Summer Institute. This process will require you to submit a number of financial documents to the Office of Financial Aid to confirm your eligibility. It is important that you are checking your email and communicating with both the EOF and Financial Aid offices consistently throughout this process. Please read below for more helpful information.
Please complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA application if you have not done so already. You must include Rutgers as one of your recipient schools. Rutgers school code is: 002629.
Check your Email
Once you confirm your admissions to Rutgers-EOF, you will begin receiving a number of emails from both the Financial Aid and EOF offices about the verification process. It is important that you are frequently checking to make sure you don’t miss any information!
Check your FA Portal
After you confirm your admissions, you will be able to view the required documents you must submit to the Office of Financial Aid through your myrutgers.edu portal
Create a HESSA Account
As a potential EOF and TAG (Tuition Aid Grant) recipient, you need to create a HESAA account and monitor regularly. Go to njfams.hesaa.org
Frequently Requested, Non-Rutgers Documents
Tax Return Transcripts
- You will be required to submit a copy of your 2022 tax return transcript if you and/or your parents filed taxes in 2022. It is important to note that a 1040 is not the same as a tax return transcript, you must order transcripts from the IRS.
- If you and/or your parents did not file taxes, please complete the Form 4506-T for 2022 and check box 7 to request a verification of non-filing. Mail or fax to the address listed on page two of the form.
- This video walks you through how to request these tax documents from the IRS: Request IRS Transcripts,
- Note: It is very important that you request your tax return transcripts or non-filer statements ASAP as it can take up to six-weeks to receive if you must request by mail
If you and/or your family received any of the benefits listed below, you should request copies of benefit statements for the year 2022 as you may be required to submit them to Financial Aid:
- Statement from The Division of Welfare for the entire year of 2022, listing benefits from Temporary Assistance Needy Families (TANF).
- Statement from Social Security Benefits Administration, SSA-1099 Form (s) for the year 2022 for all family members who received benefits. A list of local Social Security Offices in NJ are listed HERE
- Statement from Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the year 2022
- If you are required to submit a verification worksheet, you must click the box to manually input household information. This information will not automatically pull from the FAFSA.
- Some documents require your parents signature. In order for parents to sign documents in the financial aid portal, students will have to set their parents financial aid permission to custodial. Setting the permission to custodial allows the parent to make edits and submit documentation if needed. Directions can be found here.
- Communicate! Both the Financial Aid and EOF offices are here to help you throughout this process. There will be opportunities to meet with us to get support in completing documents. You can also reach out via email to Mr. Matt West, EOF Assistant Director or the Financial Aid Office.