Welcome to Rutgers University-Camden and the Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program! EOF is a state-funded program providing opportunities for higher education to New Jersey residents who would not be able to attend college without the program's financial assistance and special services.
The Mission of EOF
The Rutgers University-Camden Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program serves highly motivated first-generation students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds in New Jersey by providing access to higher education and the services and opportunities to achieve success in college and beyond. Consistent with the mission and values of the Rutgers University-Camden campus and the Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success, the EOF staff provide services that focus on student learning and success, encourage civic engagement, promote leadership development, prepare students for life and work after college, and instill within their students an appreciation for diversity and lifelong learning.
- Outreach to high schools and community-based organizations
- Enroll undergraduates meeting NJ State guidelines
- Lower time to degree statistics for participating students as compared to national trends i.e. less than six year graduation rate
- Introduce students to University policies, procedures and degree requirements
- Introduce students to University services and experiential learning opportunities
- Build a sense of community among EOF students
- Academically prepare first-year students for their first-year through summer program courses and services
Applying to EOF
Please review the Office of NJ State Secretary of Higher Education website
When applying to Rutgers University-Camden you must complete a University admission application as well as an EOF application to this University
Once you are accepted to this university it is imperative that you complete your FAFSA as soon as possible.
Applying to this University by early January is best and completing your FAFSA by the end of January provides you the best opportunity to be accepted to this EOF program. In order to be accepted to the EOF Program the Office of Financial Aid must find you to be financially eligible. This is completed by them reviewing the various financial documents you must submit during this process.
Spaces in this program quickly fill and the opportunity to receive different forms of State and Federal scholarships/grants are reduced the longer it takes for you to make your decision as to which university you wish to attend.
Please phone if you have questions.