EOF students have the opportunity apply for funds to use for experiential learning and leadership opportunities.
According to the Association for Experiential Education, experiential learning is learning through action, learning by doing, learning through experience, and learning through discovery and exploration (http://www.aee.org/), all of which are defined by these well-known quotes:
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.
~ Confucius, 450 BC
Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I will learn.
~ Benjamin Franklin, 1750
There is an intimate and necessary relation between the process of actual experience and education.
~ John Dewey, 1938
We encourage EOF students to apply who need funds to support the following activities:
- Attend/present at a conference
- Participate in or lead a research project
- Participate in or lead a community service, service learning or civic engagement project
- Other activities that provide experiential learning or leadership opportunities- we are interested in your ideas!
**Funding cannot be used to pay for study abroad or travel for international service programs.**
To apply to for experiential learning funds:
- Provide a description of the project and detail how it relates to your academic and career goals.
- Provide a detailed cost analysis of the activity and include if you are requesting or receiving funds for the project from other sources. Describe how you will cover the additional costs if you are not requesting the entire cost of the project from EOF.
- How will you use the skills or information gained to support the EOF program ( will you present at an event, host an activity or workshop, etc.)?
Email all submissions including your name, EOF counselor, and RUID to Dr. Marsha Besong. Please note that funding will be allocated on a rolling basis and may not be available throughout the academic year.
If you have questions, please email Dr. Marsha Besong, Rutgers-Camden EOF Director, at Marsha.Besong@rutgers.edu